ICRE presents the Second Edition of its International Sculpture Contest.
The theme of this 2nd edition of the Contest will be SILENCE. Thus, the sculptures may refer to SILENCE in a strict sense, or in any other symbolic allusion to SILENCE.
In this edition there will be 2 awards:
- First Prize, with 1 endowment of € 1,500.
- Second Prize, with 1 endowment of € 500.
The selected works will be exhibited in the cloister of the Monastery of Sant Pau del Camp (Barcelona), from June 17 to July 18, 2021.
All sculptors can participate individually or collectively who wish, over 18 years. To compete, you must send an image of the work by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration fee will be:
- 10 euros for ICRE members.
- From 30 euros for the rest of the participants.
Remember that to participate, the following documentation must be sent to the email address email@example.com:
- Registration form correctly filled out.
- Image of the work (see format specified in the bases).
- Receipt of payment of the registration fee.
II INTERNATIONAL SCULPTURE CONTEST ICRE
Open to all sculptors over 18 years, individually or collectively.
2. Number of artworks Each artist or collective can submit only one work. In the case that several elements constitute one work, it must be explicitly indicated, and counts as a single work.
The works must be original from the artist or from the collective competing, have an unpublished character (not previously published, nor presented to other contests). Copies from works done by other artists will not be accepted.
The topic of this 2nd edition of the Contest will be SILENCE. Thus, the sculptures may refer to SILENCE in a strict sense, or in any other symbolic allusion to SILENCE.
4. Dimensions, technical characteristics and style
The Contest is open to any sculptural style and material, as long as the works are solid enough to be exhibited.
The sculptures may not exceed the dimensions of 180x80x80 cm (height, width, length) or 75 kg. It must be easy to move them without the need of machines.
The packaging must be reusable for its return.
5. Conservation, transport and insurance
The organization tendering the Prize will take care of the conservation and protection of the works but cannot be held liable for any damage of the exhibited artworks, especially in the case of fragile materials. Access to the exhibition space will always be monitored.
Transport there and back and customs clearance costs shall be born by the artist. ICRE is not responsible for any damage that may occur to the works during transport.
The artist can provide his or her own personal transportation insurance.
To compete, interested sculptors must submit the image of the work by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The image must be in JPG or TIF format and the longest side of the photographs will be 1200 pixels at 300 dpi.
Following information must be provided:
From the work:
- Brief description of the work (300 to 480 characters).
- Title of the work.
- Technique and material used.
- Year of creation.
- Price of the work (for the purposes of insurance against theft and damage).
- Declaration of whether or not you want to put the work up for sale.
From the artist:
- Name and surname; in the case of a collective work name and surname of all the members
- Art name of the author with which you want the work to be published.
- Artist’s resume (1500 to 2500 characters including spaces).
- Date of birth.
- Identification Document number or Passport number.
- Full postal address.
- Email address
- Web address if available
- Phone number
Proof of registration fee payment must be attached.
7. Registration fee
The registration fee represents a contribution to the management expenses of the contest.
It entitles the selected artist to have his work exhibited for a month in the cloister of the Sant Pau del Camp Monastery (99 Sant Pau St., 08001 Barcelona). It grants the artist the right to have his/her work published in the catalogue that will include all the works presented.
An important promotion of the artists will take place on the online medias of ICRE.
The registration fee is:
- 10 euro for ICRE members.
- 30 euro for non-members.
To be paid by bank transfer to the Bank: Caja de Ingenieros: ES79 3025 0002 4714 3338 7845, with the reference “PRIZE + Name of the artist”.
Payment of the fee is mandatory to be able to compete and must be made before the registration deadline.
There will be two awards:
- First Prize: the winning artist will be awarded 1,500 euro.
- Second Prize: award of 500 euro for the work in second place.
These awards will be subject to tax withholding.
The Prize may be declared void if the jury considers that none of the submitted works deserves it and the verdict will be final. The Awards do not involve the assignment of the works, all works, awarded or not, will be returned to the artists.
The Jury will make the pre-selection among all the submitted artworks to conform to the exhibition and will choose the 2 winners.
The members of the jury are:
- 1. Gerard Mas, sculptor.
- 2. Judit Subirachs, Art historian and director of l’Espai Subirachs.
- 3. Àlex Susana, Art Director of the Fundació Vila Casas.
- 4. A representative of the ICRE (with voice but without vote) who will act as secretary.
The judgement expressed by the Jury is final and irrevocable.
Submission of the images, between Saturday, May 1, and Sunday, May 16, 2021 to the email address indicated in point 6.
The Jury will select a maximum of 25 works. The selected artists will be notified before May 31, 2021.
The selected works must be delivered to the following address: Monastery of Sant Pau del Camp (99 Sant Pau St., 08001 Barcelona), from Monday 7, to Friday 11, June 2021, from 12:00 am to 2:00 pm, and from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
The selected works will be exhibited in the cloister of the Sant Pau del Camp Monastery (99 Sant Pau St., 08001 Barcelona), from Thursday, June 17 , to Sunday, July 18, 2021.
The award decision will be announced on the opening day of the exhibition taking place on Thursday, June 17, 2021, at 8:00 pm.
Collection of the works from Monday, July 19, to Thursday, July 22, 2021. The collection of artwork can be done by the artists personally, an authorized person, or a transport agency with explicit authorization signed by the artist. Uncollected work will remain the property of the organising entity.
All information about the contest, bases, admitted artists... will be published on www.icre.cat.
11. Rights and obligations
The organising entity will take great care of all the works but cannot be held liable for any damage or theft of the exhibited works. The artists can take out insurance at their own cost.
Participation in this contest implies acceptance of the rules (and compliance with the jury’s decision). Works that do not comply with the conditions or that are not submitted on the established dates will not be accepted. Any unforeseen event will be resolved according to the criteria of the ICRE board of directors.
12. Intellectual property
ICRE may use the images of the works that are submitted to the contest for the dissemination of the activity. Its dissemination through the web and social networks used by the ICRE, the inclusion in catalogues and other means of dissemination of the activity carried out by the ICRE for an indefinite period of time.
13. Data Protection Data Treatment Responsible: Institut Català per a la Recerca en Escultura. Calle de l’Om, 10 08001 – Barcelona. Purpose of the treatment: Management and processing for 2nd ICRE INTERNATIONAL SCULPTURE CONTEST. Conservation time: Personal data will be kept as long as responsibilities can be derived. Specifically, the data published on the web or on social networks will be kept as long as the interested party does not request its elimination. Legitimation of treatment: Compliance with contractual obligations / consent. In case of not providing all the requested data, participation in the contest will not be allowed. Recipients of assignments or transfers: The selected participants and the winner will be disseminated on the ICRE website and social networks as well as in the media. The data of the winner will be communicated to the AEAT for tax purposes. No other assignments have been planned beyond those provided by law. No international data transfer of the supplied data is foreseen. Right of interested persons: You can exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion and portability of your data, and the limitation or opposition to its treatment through the email email@example.com. Without prejudice to any other administrative remedy or legal action, any interested party shall have the right to file a claim with a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state where they have their habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if they consider that the processing of personal data that concerns you violates the RGPD. The Spanish Agency for Data Protection being the reference authority https://www.aepd.es/es
Download the registration form and the rules: