A photography contest has been opened in order to choose the cover of the next catalogue of the ICRE exhibition of Sculpture at the Clarà Library.
The context is address to ICRE members, friends and anyone who wants to participate.
Here you have the bases. We encourage you to participate and invite anyone who wishes to do so.
The goal is to select the image for the cover of the catalogue of ICRE Exhibition of Sculptures at the Clarà Library 2018
The photograph must refer to the Sculpture, in a generic sense, to be used on the cover of the catalogue of the works exhibited by the ICRE members during 2018, at the Clarà Library in Barcelona, which contains a diversity of styles and materials.
Bases of the Contest:
- Any person, professional or photography enthusiast over 18 years of age may participate in this contest.
- Only one photograph per author will be admitted.
- The photographs must be unpublished and may not have been awarded in other contests.
- Participants authorize ICRE to process the personal data collected to manage the contest, to contact people with selected works, and to disseminate through the corporate website and in the publication by any means of their work.
- Your data will be kept for the time necessary for the selection of the awarded works. In the case of the awarded works, the personal data of the authors will be maintained indefinitely.
- Every participant as owner of his/her data can exercise his/her right of access, rectification, deletion, opposition to the processing of his/her data or any other right by writing an email to email@example.com with a copy of the ID or identification document.
- Although we believe that in this way we have been able to resolve any issue related to privacy, if you consider it appropriate you can file a claim with the Spanish Agency for Data Protection (www.aepd.es)
- Photographs that violate the right to honour and self-image , or minors, that allow their identification, without the express authorization of their parents or guardians are not allowed.
- If images are captured where people appear, they must be previously informed so that they give their consent for the capture and use of their image in this contest. The author will be responsible for this collection.
- The author will transfer to the photograph to ICRE, free of charge and free of rights (exploitation of the photographs and, especially, the rights of reproduction, distribution, transformation and public communication of which he or she owns as author), in accordance with the terms:
- The assignment is exclusive and covers the exploitation rights of reproduction, public communication, distribution and transformation.
- The cession includes all the modes of use or means of diffusion existing for each of the four rights of exploitation, including digital storage in electronic support and the making available online interactive in all types of telematic networks.
- The temporary scope of the assignment will cover all the time it takes the work to pass into the public domain, and its territorial scope is worldwide.
- In all cases ICRE is authorized to freely manage the reproduction of the photographs and use them for other institutional uses of disclosure that it deems convenient, free of charge and free of rights.
Delivery of photographs:
- The photographs will be delivered in two different media digital and paper:
- Digital: To participate in the contest the images must be in TIF format and have a resolution of 300 dpi. They must be horizontal or square, taking into account that the cover of the catalogue has a measurement of 21 x 21 cm. (Http://icre.cat/publicacions/).
They will be delivered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org through any large format file transfer system before 23:59 hours on October the 3rd, 2018.
- On Paper: the selected works will be requested in paper and without any kind of frame. Measures 30 x 45 cm. (Horizontal) or 30 x 30 cm. (Square).
- They will be delivered in person or by postal mail in an envelope including author’s name, contact information and the title of the photograph.
- The selected works will be delivered by mail from November 19th to 23rd, 2018
to the following address:
Institut Català per a la Recerca en Escultura ICRE
Carrer de l’Om 10, baixos 2ª
or in person, on the same dates and address, making an appointment in advance by email email@example.com
- In case you do not want to use your name, for publication and dissemination of the image, you must tell us the alias to be used in this case.
- The jury will consist of three members of the ICREA Board, a professor from the IEFC (Institute of Photographic Studies of Catalonia), Ramón Casanova, and a photography teacher from the Massana School, Nuria F. Rius.
- Twenty-two photographs will be selected, from which one winner and two finalists will be selected. The selected will be communicated before November 1, 2018.
- The results of the contest will be published on the ICREA website, and all the works submitted to the contest, the pre-selected ones or only those finally selected, may be published.
Recognitions of merits:
- The winning photograph will be the cover of the ICREA Sculpture Catalog at the Clarà 2018 Library, indicating the authorship and the name of the photograph.
- All the selected photographs, winner included, will be exhibited for a month, in the Auditorium of the Clarà Library in Barcelona.
- The exhibition will be inaugurated on January 23, 2019, coinciding with the presentation of the catalog and the holding of a Seminar.